Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkin Picking!


Saturday we went Pumpkin Picking! We told Logan we would go after his nap, and all day long he talked about what kind of pumpkin he was going to pick. "I get a small pumpkin, Mommy get a middle pumpkin, Daddy get a BIG one."


But when we got there, he was singing a different tune! He wanted every pumpkin he could pick up, big or small! Finally he decided on a pumpkin with bumps for me and a medium pumpkin for him (it was the biggest he could pick up). Dave picked a pretty big one, and we called it good. Logan thinks both my and his pumpkin are his, and he was appalled when I told him in a few weeks we would carve them. "No cut MY PUMPKIN!". So we might not end up with jack-o-lanterns this year. We'll see.

About a month ago I made a huge list of everything I wanted to get done before baby #2 is born and we've been slowly chipping away at that list. So these little cleaning/organizing projects are consuming most of Logan and my free time. He's enjoying the crazy things I decide we have to do (his fave was washing the doors and walls). Since I'm due in 5 weeks, I'm starting to feel a little bit of a rush to get it all done. This weekend we did one of the "family projects": going through the shed and got rid of some stuff and re-organized it.

Next weekend we're hoping to sand down the front door and re-stain it. The front door gets a ton of sun, so it really takes a beating. If anyone has recommendations on the best way to sand it down and longest lasting products for re-staining/sealing we would love to hear them. We don't want to have to do this often!

Sunday I subbed in primary for the 4 year olds, and I was reminded how much I don't love teaching in Primary (I've actually only taught nursery...)! The girls were fine, but had zero attention span. We spend the second half of class coloring flowers to give to Bishop because I couldn't keep them focused on the lesson any more. I'm just glad to go back to teaching RS in a few weeks!

Logan also decided yesterday to have a Halloween fashon show for us. We have two costumes he's supposed to be picking between (a tiger and a fire man), so he crawled around growling as a tiger for about 45 minutes before switching to his fireman costume (which he wore for the rest of the night). I don't know how he's going to pick on Halloween between just one!

That afternoon it rained the whole day, so we spent a relaxing day enjoying each other. We watched Toy Story (Logan's first time for that one), and Logan insisted we pop some corn to eat with it. We tried to teach Logan UNO. He didn't get the matching colors or numbers, so we ended making 4 piles (one for each color), and he would organize the whole deck by color. We read a million books, made a batch of Muddy Buddies and just had fun.  I could use a few more Sundays like that!

2 comments:

  1. It really is amazing what a nesting pregnant woman can accomplish, haha! Can't believe you've only got 5 weeks left!

    Sounds like Logan is excited for Halloween. Holidays are so fun with little kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant believe how fast these past few months have gone! I am hoping to have all my desired cleaning done in 2 weeks... then the baby can come any time!

      I think this year will be a really fun one as far as holidays go! Logan finally gets some of this stuff.

      Delete