Thursday, March 20, 2014

Library, Birds & a Tepee

Last week was a fun week! It's been beautiful lately (high 50's to mid 60's) so we've been going on walks and playing outside a lot. Logan loves being outside! We play cars and dig in his sandbox, and play on the swing.

While Dustin was taking a nap Friday, Dave took Logan to the library. They read books, visited the libraries chinchillas, and picked 5 books to bring home. They were gone for an hour! Logan had so much fun.

Saturday morning we went to Lowes and bought some seeds for the garden and two bird feeders for the yard. We set one up outside the living room window, so we can see the birds eating. Day one Dave was worried the birds wouldn't find it, but by Sunday we had 3 birds come several times to eat. Logan gets so excited when he sees one, he rushes over and scares them away. But they'll get used to him.

That afternoon we also went on a bike ride. I was worried about Dustin getting fussy, so we biked for a half hour, stopped at a park, and headed home. Dustin fell asleep about 20 minutes before we got home. It was so cute! His head was rested on Logan's shoulder in the trailer. Logan was less than happy about that. He kept telling Dustin to "Move! Don't sleep on me!" I wedged a blanket in between them to keep Dustin off Logan, but it didn't really help.

Saturday night Dave's parents stopped by with a surprise for the boys. They made a tepee for them. Logan LOVES it! He's played cars, stuffed animals and hides in it. He insists on bringing me and Dustin into the tent with him regularly. When I finally moved it into his bedroom, he freaked out! "Where is my tent! We need to hide in it!"

Sunday was Stake Conference. I woke up late to Dave and Logan making banana chocolate chip waffles. Then we had to rush to make it to Conference on time! The boys did well for the first hour, but  then Dustin needed a nap (and he doesn't sleep well away from his bed). So I took him to walk the hallways and lull him to sleep and Logan decided to join me. We found a few kids from the ward in the nursery, and Logan got to play with them until Dustin fell asleep. Then we headed back to the chapel to finish up conference.

With the two boys I didn't hear much, but the little I did hear was good. It was potty break, fussy not napping baby, potty break, listening. We got a new stake presidency. I don't know any of them, but they all sound good.

This week has been a lot of spring cleaning and shopping online (swim suit for me and a button up for Dustin for Easter). I'm hoping to make the boys matching ties for Easter, but I'll have to pick out material first. Logan has gotten sick again. He has a bad cough, but hopefully he'll get over that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment