Monday, March 10, 2014

Sick, Sick, Sick

The past week all went by in a blur. Last week Saturday Logan got to go to the Train Expo with Dave's Parents and his cousin McKay. They had so much fun! He's been living and breathing trains ever since. He's been wearing his Thomas shirt and jammies non stop. We've been playing with his train set too at least once a day.

Then it all went down hill on Sunday. Dustin and I woke up with coughs/sneezes/runny noses. So we stayed home from church to sleep. By Monday or Tuesday Dave and Logan were in the same boat. So we've been vegging in jammies, watching movies, and living off of soup and everything I had stocked up in the freezer! Dave stayed home from work Wednesday, but Thursday morning his work called asking if he could come in (even though he was still sick). He ended up working until 9 at night and they needed him to come in again Friday. No way to get better!

Thursday I was feeling a little better, so I started cleaning. The house was trashed! I cleaned, did laundry, dishes, and made a grocery list. Logan helped a lot. It was a lot to get done, but I feel like we just had to disinfect everything! I didn't really feel better until Sunday (so 8 stinking days). Dave and Logan are still sick (Dave way more so than Logan b/c he hasn't been able to rest).

Last Friday I went to the dentist too and discovered Dustin has ruined my teeth. Before I was pregnant with him I've had one cavity in my adult teeth ever. Just one. I brush twice a day (with a sonic toothbrush) and floss religiously nightly. The dentist says he can tell I do (don't ask me how, maybe he's psychic).

BUT 6 months ago at my last check up I had three cavities, and this time I have two more! I even added a nightly fluoride mouthwash to my regime, but it didn't help. The dentist says sometimes that happens during pregnancy (it changes the PH balance of your saliva to an acid that eats away at your teeth instead of a base that rebuilds them). So he recommended a paste to rub on my teeth and leave on overnight to help reconstruct everything. Hopefully my PH goes back to normal so I don't have to deal with this FOREVER.

Other than that, we've just been hanging in there. The weather has been beautiful, so we have made it on a few walks, but nothing major since we've been so sick. Hopefully we'll have more fun this week!

2 comments:

  1. Being sick as the same time as your kids is the worst!!

    I had something similar happen after I had Madelyn--all sorts of cavities! Apparently the constant vomiting for months didn't help while I was pregnant, either....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pain! Good to know it wasn't just me, I'd never heard of pregnancy related teeth problems before!

      Delete