Tuesday, August 12, 2014

3rd Birthday!

Building a garage for his cars out of gifts

Friday was Logan's 3rd Birthday! He's been excited for it all week long. Wednesday and Thursday nights he woke up several times in the night just to ask "is it my birthday yet?" I wrapped his gifts on Wednesday and put them in the living room too. He would bring me one at a time, asked me who got it for him and guess what it might be. He would also use the gifts to make towers (like blocks). They were so tempting!


So when he woke up Friday morning he was so excited! He asked to immediately open gifts, but we decided it would be best to wait for Dave to get home from work to open them. 
We played all morning and went to the park to enjoy the swings and slides. When Dave got home, Logan cheered and rushed into the living room to the stack of gifts. So we opened them immediately. 

We went to the library and discovered a little chlorinated river behind it that we had to splash in (and get completely soaked). So with our new books and wet clothes, we headed home for dinner and dessert.



Logan requested eggs and hot dogs for dinner, so we compromised and had eggs, sausage and grapes. For dessert Logan requested blue cupcakes with a turtle on top. I was able to make turtles out of candy.
Since Friday is also our anniversary, Saturday my parents offered to watch the boys so we could have a little date. They took them to the aquarium! Logan has been talking and dreaming about it ever since! He loves fish and turtles.








What can I say, the progression of cupcake eating was so funny, I had to document it all! Especially the "if I close my eyes and wiggle my fingers another cupcake will magically appear... Nope, but oh! there's frosting on them! I must eat it!" He totally cracks me up! Dustin enjoyed the blue too.

Dave and I stuck with the aquatic theme and went to Red Lobster for a quiet lunch. It's so nice to get to eat and talk without wrangling little people! After that we walked around downtown. We then stopped by Target and bought a few fun things. It was a nice little break. Nothing earth shattering, but just what we needed.

Sunday was more casual. After a rough church, we baked some cookies for a sick neighbor, then decided to visit the park. We swung, slide, and walked on the trail until bed time. It was very relaxing and the weather was perfect! We just wish we would have brought bread to feed the ducks.

Monday evening Grandma Linda and Papa Bill came over to bring Logan a birthday gift! It was nice to visit with them. Logan loved asking Papa Bill what animal he had again and again.


Last week I accepted a daycare job. I will be tending two girls (Logan and Dustin's ages). It's only for 3-4 hours Mondays and Wednesdays (so 7ish hours a week). I'm excited to have a way to make a little extra money (for Christmas & our trip next summer to NC). 
I know the older girl (Abby) from Nursery, but I don't know the baby (Maddy) and am a little worried about taking care of two babies. It's like two sets of twins! But I'm sure in a month we will have settled into a routine and will be fine! Kids adapt well, and it's not like it's an 8 hour a day job.

I've been praying about finding a way to earn just a little extra money without having to work outside of the home, and this seems like an answer to that prayer. It's not a ton of money, but it's just what I was looking for.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had known you were looking for something--a friend from the singles ward is/was looking for someone to watch her one year old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't decided I was really looking until my friend asked. I was waffling like crazy... sorry!

      Delete
  2. What a happy little guy! You guys are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Logan and happy anniversary to you guys!

    ReplyDelete