Tuesday, August 26, 2014

New Calling

This week has brought about change. Well, one change, a new calling for me. I am now the Relief Society Secretary. Dave's response: aren't you too young to be in the Relief Society Presidency? Well, I guess it is just secretary. My responce: that will be a lot more work than RS teacher... But one of my fave ladies from the ward was called as second counselor (RiKelle, also in her 30's) and the pres and 1C were previously in the presidency. So we should have some fun and be able to get the job done too!

I am also still teaching until we can find replacements for RiKelle and myself. Sunday I taught a lesson on covenants, and the High Priests joined us, since their teacher called in sick. It ended up being fun (the high priests like to give me a rough time and I like to razz them right back). I actually miss teaching Sunday School (less tears than Relief Society), so it was a fun kind of a flash back to Gospel Doctrine teacher. 

Friday Dave's work participated in a volley ball tournament. They had a t-shirt design contest (for their uniforms) and Dave's design won! Also this year they wonder the loosers bracket! That means they lost the first half of their games, then they won the rest. Every year they swear to practice so they can win next year! It rained for most of the tournament, but the dinner after was under a pavilion, so that was good. They had a bbq company cater, and they had a fabulous chocolate mud slide ice cream pie for dessert.

Saturday I went to Dave's Brother Jon's baby shower. It was small, just family, and it was nice to get to see everyone. Saturday night we had a ward game night. We meant to just stop by and say hi, but ended up staying for 2 hours. Logan won the cake walk (I encouraged him to just take a cupcake rather than a huge cake). He also went fishing and won some play dough. Dave played some bang with the scouts he is over, and other leaders. Dustin and I played a word game (it required spelling, which meant I lost horribly). Logan had so much fun playing with the other kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment