Thursday, September 18, 2014

Shopping and Packing

I can't believe the weekend is practically here! It's been so busy lately. I only have one section of the trim left to paint, and I'm hoping to get it done next week. We'll see how it goes.

Dustin's been busy learning things lately! He started playing the recorder this week. He doesn't change the notes, but he loves to blow on it. He's also been speaking more. He says u-ho when he drops things, and up when I pick him up. Not sure u-ho is a real word, but he uses it a ton.

Logan got engaged last week. The little girl we watch 2 days a week, Abby approached him by saying "Logan, are you married?" No, I'm going to get married in the Logan Temple (she thinks about that) "You want to marry me?" Ok. Her mom says she's really into marriage right now.

Saturday I had my monthly quilting class and after my mom watched the boys so Dave and I could go to the temple. We did a session and then got to go to lunch. It was nice to get a little break from the boys! They are great, but sometimes they can be wild! That night we also had the sister missionaries over for dinner.

Sunday was super busy, and I think this will be the standard with the new calling. I run around for the last two hours of church just to make sure I get everything done. After church we relaxed a bit, then went to my parent's house for a family dinner. My Grandma Yoder and Aunt Kathryn were in town, and my Uncle David & his family came too. It was fun to catch up with them.

The boys and I went material shopping on Monday with my Grandma & Mom. We were picking out material for the Family Reunion Quilt we'll be working on for next year! 11 of the family wanted to participate, so we'll all make 11 big squares and 11 little squares, then swap them at the reunion. When we get home we'll be able to make them all into a quilt. I think it'll be fun to have that kind of a souvenir. It's a beach theme, since it's taking place on the beach!

We've been cleaning, packing and trying to get ready for a trip to the cabin the rest of the week! It's been busy, and we're ready for the break. Logan's been begging to go. I made some cookies today to bring with us and offered one to him. His response? "I don't want a cookie until we're camping" Hope the cabin qualifies as camping. It will be a short trip, but it should be good!

2 comments:

  1. I just got the material for the quilt--trying to decide what to do! It should be fun, Mark is bombarding me with ideas. He is very opinionated about beach stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to tell Mark he can sew his own and have all the opinion he wants. Otherwise he doesn't get a say!

      Kathryn is doing a surf board, grandma some kind of a beach bird (maybe a seagull), I am doing the cape Hatteras light house, mom is doing some kind of wave, and I think Sheila is doing a star pattern of some kind. If that helps at all...

      Delete