Monday, September 29, 2014

Zion's, Music & a Pet Catterpillar

The past 3 weeks have been so busy! Will life ever slow down?!? I've been working my hardest at finishing the trim on the house. I know it sounds easy… But finding time to get out their and paint without the boys (with Dave working until 10 at night) is not an easy task. But I have it MOSTLY done!

It took a few forced naps for Logan, and two nights of putting the boys down and painting with a head lamp (which is pretty trippy on a 25 foot ladder in the dark). I need Dave's help finishing two vents, and I do want to paint the hand rail before it starts snowing, but I don't have to be on a ladder for that. So hopefully we'll be done in the next few weeks. It's been raining on weekends, which is a big pain!

Last weekend we headed down to Zions for some hiking and time with my family! We got there a night early and spent the day in the park. Let me tell you, it's a ton harder to hike with a 3 year old than with a baby! He thinks he's big enough to do all the hiking and it took us FOREVER!


We had a picnic in the grass in front of the Lodge. Needless to say, Dustin had a fun time!


We hiked Emerald Pools and Dave was followed around by 3 or 4 ladies that "totally loved" his shirt. It was pretty funny. They were married, but insisted in getting a dozen pictures with him.


We only made it to the first pool (0.6 miles one way). The hike there was ok, but the hike back was rough!


Logan would stop every few feet, plop down on the ground, and "make bear tracks". He would run his fingers around so you could see the tracks. It was a long 0.6 miles back. Let's just say Dave and I really earned our DQ!


The next day we went to the splash pad in town with the cousins. They had so much fun splashing and playing! We followed it up with a picnic lunch and some ice cream.


Dustin had so much fun too sticking his toes in the little waters. That night my mom watched the kids so we could go on a date. We saw the Maze Runner (which we've both read). It was interesting, although they made some changes.

Then last week just were catching up from being away, doing laundry and cleaning the house. This weekend it rained the whole weekend. We went on a park date on Friday, but got rained out and ended up in Barnes & Noble.

We're talking major thunder storms that wake the boys up at night! The power went out before we woke up on Saturday, so we spent the day in the dark. But it came back around 4.

Saturday was Women's Conference. Dave and the boys had a little party while I was gone (pizza, gummy sharks, liquorish, and Toy Story). I had a fabulous time at Conference. I've had a few things on my mind lately, and during one of the talks I got the answer I needed. It was very comforting and nice (since I didn't actually go to the meeting expecting a solution). Also I got to visit with a few of the ladies in the ward, which was fun.


Sunday we found a friend while picking our tomatoes! It's a tomato hornworm, and Logan has just loved it! They're really bad for your tomato plants, but it was so cool looking I couldn't help but keep it. So Logan talks to it, carries it from room to room, feeds it, reads to it, and eats with it. When we got up on Monday I thought it was dead (curled up in a ball legs up on the ground), but it bounced back. So we'll see how long it lasts.


This week my goal is to dry the huge box of apples that has been filling our fridge for the past few weeks. Other than that, I need to work on the Halloween costumes too. It's October this week and I'm not even close to being done! AAAH!

I've also included a video of Dustin playing his recorder. I'm pretty sad he broke it, because he just LOVED to play it! Maybe we'll have to get him a new one for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment