Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Girls Weekend!

This weekend my Mom, Grandma Yoder, Aunt Nikki and I all headed down for the Panguitch Quilt Walk! Mom drove down from Casper on Wednesday and spent the night at our house, and we got up early in the morning to drop the boys off at Dave's Mom's and head out.

Thursday we went to the Quilt Show & Vendor exhibits at the High School. We got to see all the quilts on display and voted on which one we thought was the best. There were some really interesting ones that gave me ideas of future projects. There were also a few cool things on sale, but I didn't actually end up buying anything. We browsed until 6 when it closed, and walked Main street for an hour.

That night we went to the Quilt Walk Dinner Theater. The food was fabulous and the play was interesting. I loved hearing the story about the pioneers using quilts to help them cross the snow and get wheat to save their families. There were some really good actors, but the show was a little rough.

What I got done! The whites are more white... but the flash yellowed them out

Friday we had a sewing day. My mom and I worked on the same pattern, Chic Country By Sew Kind of Wonderful. We had all our cutting done in advance, so I thought we would get the top done over the day... little did I know! It was a pretty hard pattern, since I've never sewn curves before. So I only got 8 squares done. But I have the hang of it, and hope to get it done by Christmas. We'll see how it goes. There are 36 squares in the entire quilt and I was thinking about making the quilt longer, depending on how it turns out... We'll see.

The pattern we are making

It was so much fun to spend all day chatting, sewing, and eating! We had a great time. Friday night we watched a chick flick and ate some more. We were all so worn out (sewing and snacking is hard work) that we went to bed at 9:30. Saturday we just got up early and headed home. It was such a nice break! The boys can be rough some time, and it was such a nice break to not have to worry about them for a few days.

When I got home I could tell the boys had missed me like crazy! They required extra snuggles and books all weekend. And the house required extra cleaning when I got back. But it was totally worth the break. Dave has also told me many times since how much he appreciates all I do, especially after being a single Dad for a few days. It's nice to feel loved. So the last week was all about me, which is good every once in a while.

Monday we did a lot of cleaning up and snuggling. Tuesday we met a few friend families at the lazy river behind the West Valley Library. It was tons of fun for the boys and the perfect temperature! They played and picnicked for two and a half hours while I chased them around and chatted with the other moms. It was tons of fun! We'll need to do it again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job on the quilt so far!! I'm bummed I couldn't make it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you! Maybe next year. Although I don't know if I'll make it with a 9 month old ;) I doubt anyone will want to watch a baby for me.

      Delete
  2. I love what you did get done but it does look hard! What a fun time for you guys! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! The pattern was hard, but it was fun to learn something new. We would love to have you next year, if you happen to be in Utah ;)

      Delete