Friday, June 3, 2016

Memorial Weekend & Graduation


Last week was Logan's preschool graduation! He really enjoyed his year. Change is really hard for Logan, which is why we thought preschool would be a good transition for him (get him used to school before he had to go to Kindergarden). He stuck close to his friend Briggs all year, and I worry that next year when Briggs isn't in his class he's going to have a hard time until he makes a friend or two.

But we are prepping Logan for next year! We've been walking over to the school almost every day to play on the playground with other kids, reading books about Kindergarden, and talking about it a lot. So hopefully by mid August he will be ready.


The graduation program was long, but afterwards they got to play at the facility play center. They played for about an hour. Although it was really hard when Dustin would get stuck in one of the tunnels (a pregnant lady should not be crawling a 3 story maize of tunnels), they had a good time. We went out and got ice cream after to celebrate too.

I don't know why, but this summer is shaping up to be a busy one! I looked on the calendar the other day and realized we have something planned every weekend in June! July is a little slower, but not much (I think we have one weekend off).

Last week was really busy. I swear, Dave had a Young Men's meeting every night of the week! It was rough on the boys and I, but we made it through. Hopefully this means he's done with meetings for a while now.


For Memorial weekend Dave took off Friday and we got Monday off as well. It was great! Friday we decided to make a fun day. Everyone got to pick a fun activity for the day. We started with Dave's choice of going out to breakfast. We went to Village Inn and everyone enjoyed their time. Next we headed out to enjoy my activity of a trip to the park. We played for about an hour and a half before heading home for lunch. During Dustin's nap Logan did his activity of playing video games with Dave. And that night Dustin got his activity in "Eat popcorn. Oh, and watch a movie." It was an extremely fun and relaxing day.


Saturday we did a lot of work out in the yard. Nothing fun or exciting, but things that needed to get done. Sunday was casual with church and a walk. Monday we hiked up to Doughnut Falls. The river was pretty high, but it was a good hike. The weather was perfect for it. It was a little too long of a hike for the boys, but we survived.


The rest of this week has gone by pretty fast. Tuesday Dave had Scouts and the boys and I had a reading night. Wednesday I had a night Relief Society meeting where we made cards. I made two Father's Day cards and one Just Because card. It was fun to create and spend some time with the ladies. When I got home, the boys were in bed, still awake. So I went in to kiss them goodnight. Logan had (in bed with him) a Birthday card he had made for me. So I had to open it up right then. Also when I went into the kitchen, there were cupcakes and a dozen roses picked from the yard for me. With my Birthday being Friday, I was surprised to have so many early gifts! My boys know how to spoil me!

 
I had a follow up ultrasound for Brooklyn this week. The first time around her kidneys had a tiny extra fluid in them, which could indicate problems. But it wasn't in the alarming range, and it's gone down enough that they're no longer worried (this is really common and about 90% of the time nothing is wrong, like in our case).

So on the positive, we got to see more pictures of our baby! She looks more like a baby this time around. She's around 3 lbs right now and is in the 43rd percentile. This is pretty big for us since Logan was in the 10th and Dustin in the 20th. They confirmed she is a girl too, which was nice to hear (you always hear about those surprise at birth gender changes). Anyway, we're just glad she's healthy!




2 comments: