Monday, June 27, 2016

Grandma's House & No Parents Aloud!

Last week I played catchup from our Girls Weekend. Laundry, house work, and sewing 200 bags. And of course we had a few trips to the Splash Pad. Logan and Dustin always loves when we go to the lazy river behind the West Valley Library. 

Last Wednesday we also hit up the Willow Lake splash pad and lazy river. The boys didn't love it as much as the one by the library, but we invited friends, so they had fun too. After that we rushed home to pack for a weekend at Grandma Sheila & Papa Mike's house! The boys were excited for a "kids only, no parents aloud" weekend and the parents were super excited for a weekend off.

Thursday I drove the boys up and met my Mom at McDonalds half way to the Grandparent's house. All weekend long we got texts of what fun activities the boys and the Grandparents were doing.





I'm pretty sure the boys didn't eat much healthy food the entire weekend. They had pizza, s'mores, ice cream, slushies, cookies, and candy. I'm told they had some healthy food too, but I don't have any evidence of it ;)



They also got to go to an art fair/festival. They loved getting their faces painted and balloon animals, although if you ask Dustin about it he will tell you he's sad the paint washed off.



I think their favorite part of the trip was going fishing with Papa Mike! When I told the boys they were going to get to visit the Grandparents, I asked what they wanted to do and Dustin exclaimed "I want to go fishing with Papa like at the beach!" They had so much fun, it's almost all I hear about. Logan caught 4 fish and Dustin got 3. They are so proud of catching them, and Logan will tell me all about the different kinds "The sunfish was pretty, but it wasn't as heavy as the trout".


They also got to build and paint bird houses. They brought them home and tonight we're going to hang them up outside for our FHE activity. We also made some lemon lime popsicles for our treat tonight and Logan has told me he is going to pick out a church movie for our lesson (so I guess I'm off the hook for a lesson).

Every time we called the boys to check up on them they were having such a fun time! Logan even told me we should probably move into Grandma & Papa's basement so we could have this kind of fun all the time.

Dave and I had such a nice break too! He took off work Friday, and we spent almost the entire time together. Thursday night Dave took me out to sushi. We found a place close by, Ichiban, that always has half off rolls. So we're able to do sushi for $25 plus tip. It was fabulous! And so nice to not have to put together dinner after spending 6 hours in the car. 

Friday we woke up late, saw Xmen and did some food/Costco/library/JoAnns shopping. It was so nice to not have to shopping. It was a nice relaxing day. 

Saturday Dave woke up early, and had me drop him off at the top of Emigration Canyon so he could run down. He has been training for a full marathon, and did 15 miles to get ramped up for it. We dropped water bottles off along the trail for him, and left his car at the bottom so he could drive himself back after. He said the run went great, and I was able to get a ton done while he was running.

I canned 2 dozen jars of Apricot jelly (which turned out a little runny, but is still useable). The flavor is fabulous, and it didn't get up past 80 degrees, so it was a great day for canning. I also baked two batches of breakfast bars to put in the freezer for Dave, and two batches of Granola (one batch for Dave to take to work, and one for the boys and I). I also was able to take in 6 pairs of pants for the boys (what can I say, they're so skinny!), and when Dave got home I gave him a haircut. It was a productive morning!

Saturday night we got to go to the temple in Bountiful and did some family names. Our temple is closed for a year and a hlaf, so we've been hitting up some of the other temples in the area (this one is only a 20 min drive, but it's schedule fit into our schedule best). When the session started there were only 20 patrons total! I was so glad we picked that temple, because most of the time when we go they are packed. This time I really felt needed. And it was a great experience for us as well. We grilled some fabulous Bacon Cheeseburgers and curly fries for dinner, and called it a night.

Sunday we woke up late again and made a big breakfast! Bacon, eggs, hash browns, and toast with apricot jelly (I had to try it out). We had a casual morning before driving to pick up the boys. They were happy to see us, and we were glad to get them home. There was a lot of snuggling and storytelling. 


Monday it was back to business. The house was a mess (I don't know how it can be such a mess when the boys were only home for two hours on Sunday)! So we woke up, ate breakfast, and cleaned up the kitchen. Then it was time to go to Soccer Camp. Logan and a few friends from church all signed up for a soccer camp at the Lutheran Church beside our church. Dustin isn't old enough to attend this year, but he insisted on watching Logan play. Logan had fun, but it was so hot he was done playing 15 minutes before it was over. Hopefully he stays the whole time tomorrow (it's a 4 day camp).


They also did a snack and Bible story half way through the camp. So Logan and Dustin got to hear the story about Moses holding up his hands to win the battle for the Israelites. The soccer camp is called Victory, and all their lessons are about how people from the bible trusted in God or Jesus to succeed. It's good for the boys to get to see other churches and realize you don't have to be Mormon to believe in Jesus or be a good person. They had a good time, and everyone was very friendly.


While watching Logan play soccer, I got a text telling me this will be my last week sewing bags! I was glad, because I just told Dave last night I was ready to be done. I want some time to get the house cleaned up and get some meals in the freezer before the baby is born in August. It's been a great opportunity to make a little extra money, but I'm glad it's going to be done. It was supposed to be done in July, so I knew the end was coming soon, this just worked out great. Now I have 6 weeks of a little extra time on my hands.

2 comments: