Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Conference

I finished switching out warm for cold clothes for the boys this week (it only took an entire week to accomplish). We also got out Halloween decorations which took ALL week too. I wasn't really planning to decorate this year, but one of the ladies at church asked to borrow my wooden candy corn, and the boys discovered the box of decorations before I put it away. So we are all festive!

This weekend we really enjoyed General Conference! We went a little overboard on the snacks (but can you really have too many Conference snacks?). The boys and I made GF pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, GF zucchini bread, hummus and sriracha hummus. To go with the hummus we had pita chips, GF pita chips, red bell peppers, broccoli, and carrots. We also had a cheese platter, pineapple, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, trail mix, dried apricots, M&M's, cinnamon almonds, gummy vampire teeth, candy corn, licorice, sour gummies & gummy bears. Needless to say we were well fed physically and spiritually.

Saturday first session was rough. We had to threaten within inches of lives to keep little boys from killing each other. Although both boys did recognize President Eyring and Uchdorf. Dustin exclaimed "It's the guy from that picture!" Second session went better. Dustin and Brooklyn were down for naps, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Logan built quietly with Legos the whole time. Every once in a while he would stop building and ask questions or make a comment. My favorites were

Logan: Love your enemy?!?
Me: Yes, that means we need to be nice even to people that are mean to us
Logan: That doesn't seem fair

And during the third song of the session Logan sighed and exclaimed "I wish this music had some hardcore guitar!"

Brooklyn has gained so much weight that she didn't fit into her baby blessing dress (size 0-3 months). Good thing I tried it on a week before her blessing! So I had to figure out how to alter it to fit her. I cut a 4.5 inch slit down the back, finished it off and added a button closure. So hopefully she won't gain even MORE weight in the next 5 days or I'll have to go buy something for her to wear! I'm hoping to get in a photo shoot tomorrow so we can have some cute pictures before the blessing. I'm afraid if I wait till after it won't fit any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment