Friday, October 27, 2017

The Week of NO!

I've been sick so long I can't remember when it started. First it was a cold, then it became a sinus infection (which I still have). Needless to say I haven't gotten too much done in a while. Somewhere in the first week of sickness my dishwasher died so we pulled out the paper products until a new one can be delivered (expected delivery the 4th of November).

I decided I am the reason I'm not getting better so I dubbed this "The Week of the NO!" Since getting sick I have made two families meals, and done far more than I should, so I decided this week I was completely focusing on resting, healing and feeling better. So Sunday when the Ward Chilli Cookoff sign up went around I didn't even look at it! I just passed it on (along with the other sign-ups that were handed around... I didn't even read the cause). It's been so hard to not DO much. Like closing my eyes and not noticing all the toys piling up in the Living room. But I'm feeling a lot better than last week and hope to be 100% better by the end of the weekend.

Last week Logan had Fall Break so we tried really hard to do fun things! We went to the Library to pick out new books and movies for the weekend. The kids are working on a Library program where they need to read a certain amount of books to qualify for a free book, so they requested us go here! We also hit up the Zipline Park and made several trips to the park across the street. We had a few coupons for free kids meals at Del Taco left over from our summer reading program rewards so we hit them up too. The kids loved their quesadillas and the play place!

Saturday included the Plastow family Halloween Party at Jon & Anisa's house and the kids had fun playing with their cousins. We also had a surprise home inspection Saturday morning. I guess we have reached 20% of the value of our home payed off toward the Mortgage company so they need to make sure the value of the house is still at least where it was when we took out the loan and then they can remove our Mortgage Insurance. So it's a good thing, but I wasn't too happy when they called to schedule it on Friday. I requested they come out the following week but was told it "needed to be done within 24 hours". Sounds like crap to me, but we cleaned like mad to make sure it looked nice for them to take pictures.


This week was also a short week for Logan (half day of school Thursday and no school Friday). It's been beautiful out weather wise (between 60 and 70) so we've tried to play outside at least once a day. Sometimes more just happened. We also carved pumpkins last night, realizing Halloween is less than a week away. Since Dave had texted saying he was getting sick too the boys and I hollowed out the pumpkins during the day so at night we would just have the fun part left. The boys were convinced they could hear the ocean in their hollowed out pumpkins! They spent about 30 minutes listening to them in wonder.


Dave designed the top one for Brooklyn, Logan drew the middle one, and Dustin drew the bottom one. All turned out great and we love seeing them glow!

Other than that my friend Tenille came to visit us briefly this week. She's had me on a hunt for antique sewing machines and she was just itching to get her hands on her new machine! She bought two for herself and I ended up buying one for my Mom. So in the course of a week I've bought 3 antique sewing machines not for myself. All are Singers, and they were all killer deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment