Friday, April 30, 2010

Books, Books and More Books!

I’m addicted to books. Buying, reading, storing, really anything having to do with all of the above! I just love taking a reading break and finding myself in places and situations that I will never have the opportunity to experience in real life. I love the twists and turns that plots take and how the characters have to step up to the plate or the world could end.

Last weekend was the Salt Lake City Public Library book sale. I was up at 5:30 on a Saturday because I was too excited to sleep anymore. So I hit up the book sale and walked away with $20 worth of books. Which isn’t so bad, until you realize the books were $0.50 for paper backs and $1.00 for hardbacks.

We don’t have room for these books. In fact we already have our shelves packed two books deep, with a huge stack of books on the ground in the living room. So why did I insist on buying more and increasing the problem? Because I have a dream of Ikea bookshelves!



Dave and I (mostly the latter) have a dream of having a wall of bookshelves in the Living Room. I want the ones that have cabinet doors on the bottom to keep little hands from one day messing with things. I’ve picked out the color and the handles, even the lighting that will stretch across the top to illuminate these wonders. And so I keep buying books and one day will have a place to put them!

2 comments:

  1. Got any ideas for a good summer read? I'm always looking for something new to read and it gets hard when I'm not sure of the content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What genera of books are you interested in? What are your favorite books? I have so many recommendations, but I want to make sure you'll actually enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete