Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A New Job for Me!

Today I was offered a job at Neutron Interactive! I’ve been interviewing with them for almost two months now. I met with 8 different people, some more than once. I even attended a company party to get to know everyone. I’m so excited to get to work with them!

They are an education company (ie, they purchase leads from affiliates and sell them to Universities and Tech schools). I will basically be starting up the affiliate program. They currently only have a spattering of affiliates that send traffic. They are extremely open to new ideas, and I have a ton of ideas already that I want to try out.

I’ll be starting on the 15th (the day after my Mother’s side has a family reunion), but I’ve also been asked to attend a conference the Thursday prior. I guess it’s the biggest education event of the year, and they want me to go as an introduction to the industry and the company. So I’ll be spending one night in Vegas and get to hear Bill Clinton speak (no joke, although I can’t say I’m excited to hear him). I am so excited for the job though!

As far as great perks besides working for a super awesome company… They pay 100% of our medical insurance (didn’t even know that when I accepted), they buy the company lunch every day (hopefully this doesn’t make me gain weight), the commute will only be 15 minutes if I drive (which will cut down on the $40 in gas I’ve been paying weekly) but I plan to take Trax (since another perk is they pay for our Trax passes) and they almost always work 9-5  (as opposed to my current 8 – 5:30). I’m just too excited!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Amy! This is awesome! It sounds SOOO much better than your current job, in so many ways! Congrats!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to start!!! It's going to be a great opportunity

    ReplyDelete