Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Bookshelves are Complete!!!

Life has started to move in fast forward! January's already over, and it feels like yesterday was Christmas. I have a "To-Do" list a mile long that's only getting longer. Dave has a half day of work on Tuesdays, so yesterday he finished his home work early, cleaned the house and cooked dinner (a new Cheese Broccoli soup in the crock pot) all before I got home! I'm so grateful for his thoughtfulness.




Tonight I headed over to Ikea to buy the last two cupboard doors for our bookshelves. When we originally bought them, they only had 6 doors on hand (even though the online inventory said they had 10), and we needed 8 total, so I've been patiently waiting to finish our shelving until they got more in stock. Now they've been purchased, installed, and look fabulous!



I've already moved all our books into them (I thought we had more)! They just complete the room, and I've been visualizing these since we moved in a year and a half ago. The bottom cabinets have been stocked as well. Two are filled with my sewing/crafting supplies, one with games, and one with food storage (just loose #10 cans).  It's so nice to have a little more storage space and have all the books in one place so I can browse our library when I'm looking for something to read.

I need to get these a little more organized. Right now I have a religion, classic, sci-fi, travel section, and a shelf of unread books. But the rest need to be sorted out. I'm sure it will come with time, maybe even organization by author if I get really daring. But for now I'm just so happy with my shelves, I'm even reveling in the lack of organization! And for me, that's big.

3 comments:

  1. Ikea ( a 4 letter word for Heaven!)
    The bookcases look great! I love the doors on the bottom.
    It's so nice to finish a room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! We have hundreds of books. We could really use something like that. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! We just love them, and I swear they complete the room so nicely. I just love that Ikea is affordable enough that we could get them

    ReplyDelete