Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Our Smart Little Guy

Logan's been learning so many things lately! A few weeks ago he took his first steps, and now he will take about 8 steps from Dave to me (or vice versa). He's really wobbly and doesn't have the confidence to do it without our encouragement, but he's on his way!

When he does really good he gets so excited and jumps which causes him to fall over. He even will cheer for himself and clap sometimes. It's too cute to see his excitement.

We've been doing some minor repairs around the house, and Logan's been so helpful. If we put any tool down he immediately picks it up and imitates what we were doing with it. Cute when he's waving the stud finder across the wall, but scary when he grabs the drill, sticks a screw on the end and tries to make it run!

We found the best way to curb his eagerness is to give him a pile of something and ask him to hand it to us (like screws). It doesn't even have to be useful things, as long as he feels like he is involved in the project.

He has also started wanting to help me with my sewing. I was on the kitchen floor pinning a halloween runner I've been working on, and he wanted to hand me the safety pins. It got scary when I saw him pick up a strait pin and stick it in his mouth (just like mom does... :{). But he wants to be involved, and that's what's important.

Logan's been loving brushing his teeth lately too. When he turned 6 months I started putting him on my lap and brushing my teeth while he was given his toothbrush to chew on. Now he puts his toothbrush in his mouth, makes a humming noise (imitating my electric toothbrush), and shakes his head side to side. I don't think he can figure out how to make his hand move like that, so he  moves his head.

He now insists on flossing with me after too. He grabs a piece of floss in his hands, bites down on it and moves the floss from side to side. No teeth are involved, but it's just to cute to watch. What a little observant boy we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment