Monday, September 17, 2012

Pizza Friday and Stake Conference

Last week flew by! I started a sewing blog a few weeks ago and have been working hard to get everything in place. It's called A Sassy Seamstress and I'll constantly post on my sewing projects on this blog. I plan to focus on Quilting, Alterations, and Fun Projects. Check it out! I have a few posts up already.

Logan's been transitioning to regular food over the past few months and has been loving most of it! Friday we had pizza and he just went to town eating it with us. He made a mess, but ate half a piece (which is a lot for a little guy). 

He also has been loving cow milk too. He's drinking twice as much has he did when I started weaning him, so he's doing well on that account.

Saturday was the adult session of Stake Conference. Grandma Linda came over and watched Logan so we could attend. It was a great meeting. One of the counselors from our new mission spoke about missionary work.

Right before the meeting we spoke with one of our ward missionaries, and it turns out our across the street neighbor (that we referred to the missionaries) are now taking the lessons! The house has about 10 Vietnamese family members living in the house. Right now only one of the family is meeting with the missionaries, but you never know what will happen!

Sunday Conference went fabulously. Logan played with his toys and sat through the 2 hour meeting without too much fussing. There were some greatly inspiring talks that made Dave and I think about what we can be doing better.

It's cooled down here and we've really been enjoying the weather. Logan and I go on a walk every morning and swing by the Elementary School to play on the playground. He's been learning to swing on his own. I keep a hand on his back and gently push him, and he's got great balance. Soon he should be doing it on his own! He's getting to be so big!

2 comments:

  1. I love cute messy little boy faces! That's great that he's walking. Say goodbye to a clean house! Haha...

    I'll have to check out your sewing blog! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was having such a funny dinner that night! He would take a bite of pizza, say YUUUM, then grin. So silly, but at least we knew he was enjoying it!


      I'm excited for the sewing blog! It's been fun so far, but I hope it keeps being so.

      Delete