Friday, March 8, 2013

Busy Life!


Life never slows down. Never! Last weekend we spent doing our taxes. It's always a nightmare to get done, but we always get money back, so it's worth the work. This year we bought Logan a toy kitchen to go with his pots as a bribe to stay out of our hair. Don't worry, we got it at the thrift store for $2, so it didn't break the bank or anything. It kept him busy for at least an hour, so it was worth it!

We're now itching to get the checks so we can start spending the money! Dave really wants to see how much changing our car port into a garage will cost, and I've been looking into insulating our house. Maybe we can do both. With rebates & government incentives the insulating process shouldn't cost too much.

In other news, we took Logan swimming for FHE at the Murray city kids pool. He just loved splashing around with the other kids! He wanted us to be with him at all times, but he had tons of fun.

Thursday night Dave ended up working late, so I took Logan to the McDonalds by our Walmart. It has a play place, so we got ice cream and played for an hour and a half. Best $1.70 I ever spent. Logan didn't want his ice cream, he just wanted to go play with the big kids. He mad friends and had so much fun sliding down the slides and crawling through the tunnels.

I also started a gluten free recipe website since I figured not everyone wants gluten free recipes. So if you or anyone you know is interested it's called Delectably Gluten Free. If you click through to the site, I have it organized at the top with tabs (Desserts, Breads, Entrees, Breakfast... etc). When I have more recipes you can click on the tab and will find a pic and a link to each recipe. So if you're looking for a dessert you'll have 8 to choose from. That's the idea any way.

I plan to do a new recipe every Tuesday. Once a week doesn't sound like too much of a commitment to me. Try the chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'm in love with those!

No comments:

Post a Comment