Friday, March 29, 2013

Change, Change, & More Change



It's been so busy around our house lately! Tons of changes, but all good. As illustrated by the above picture, Logan's learned to climb on the couch. He will pull a blanket over, throw a pillow in place, snuggle up, and demand "MOVIE, NEMO!" But we don't let him watch TV, so he's regularly disappointed. But cute.

First big change, we sold my car! I've had it for 7 years, and it just had it's 13th birthday, so we expected it to die any day now. We posted the car on KSL classified and it was sold within a half hour for $500 over the Bluebook listing! I was totally unprepared for it to move so fast. The guy buying it just wanted it for a commuter car. He already has his man Jeep that he loves, but can't afford daily gas. So a win for everyone.

We're now a one car family for a while. It's been weird to get used to, but we're hoping to save up for a Prius by saving money on the insurance, maintenance, gas, etc. I ordered a second bike trailer hitch to go on my bike, so soon I'll be driving Logan around in bike style.

We also decided to get our walls insulated for part of our tax return, and that happened this week. With the rebates and tax returns we will end up paying $1,300 (oh, and I had a 20% off coupon). It's spring, so I'm shocked to say I totally can feel a difference already! Last night I had to switch out blankets (winter for summer). That doesn't usually happen until May or June. Also, the walls don't feel cold to the touch any more and I don't think the heater has turned on once today!

Speaking of tons of change... I started doing daycare for a 16 month old boy this week too. His name is Max, and he's such a mellow guy. His dad got surprise deployed, and his mom had to get a part time job, so he's with us from 8:30 to 5 three days a week.

Logan already just loves him. They roll the ball back and forth to each other, love sliding down the slide together at the park, and mostly are good at sharing their toys. They even share food at lunch time. Max has a comfort blanket, and Logan is in awe of that idea. He even started wanting a blanket for the first day, but got bored of it already. When Max cries, Logan runs and gets the blanket and says "Max's Special". If it doesn't stop Max from crying, Logan will cry in sympathy.

I found a used double stroller on KSL for $25, and we'll pick that up this afternoon when Dave gets home. That will make us more mobile, which is important for Spring! It will be eventually be helpful when we have kid number 2 as well.

Other than that (because I need more going on in our lives???) I've been working on refinishing the cover to a swinging chair I found free last year. It's going to look great, and I can't wait to try it out, hopefully this weekend. I just have to get some serious hand sewing in and it will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment