Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spiderman Blanket is DONE!




It's done! I finished sewing on the binding today just before lunch, so we got this bad boy on his bed in time for nap. Logan was so excited to have it on the bed, it was hard to actually make the bed and impossible to get a picture without him in it.




This was the hardest part of the quilt. The accent squares that went on the foot of the bed. The two end ones are paper pieced (I had to create the patterns myself), and the center one is hand appliqued on. They turned out better than I expected, and I love how it gives a focal point for the blanket. Now I just need to make Logan a pillow or two to go at the top.


He just thought this was the best thing ever! He jumped up and down on his new blanket, snuggled into it, and kept throwing his toys and blankets on the bed to play with.

Logan got his first hair cut last weekend. He did really well! I showed him the buzzers while they were on, then I worked over the top. He didn't like when I did the back and sides, because he couldn't see what I was doing anymore. But no tears were shed, so I'll consider it a success. He looks a lot better now with short sides and a little longer top.

Other than that, it's been a pretty casual week. Just baking, trying to finish up with sewing, and taking it easy!

1 comment:

  1. The quilt turned out awesome! I love how excited he gets about it. The three blocks you designed are the best part.

    ReplyDelete