Thursday, November 7, 2013

Be Prepared

We've been keeping ourselves busy around the Plastow home. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and have progressed to 3 cm dilation. My doctor says most women don't get past 3 cm before going into real labor. So we're trying to make sure we're ready for a baby any day now!

This morning Logan and I mixed up some gluten free flour and made 6 different gluten free mixes (ex. cornbread muffins, waffles, brownies). I wanted to have some of these on hand for after the baby is born so I can easily bake. I'm not so great at following a recipe when I'm sleep deprived, and since I make all the GF stuff from scratch, this will be a big help.

I want to re-arrange the freezer this afternoon, and after that I'm pretty much ready for the baby. Well, and I have a quilting class on Saturday that I would prefer to go to before the baby comes. We have diapers and wipes. The baby clothes are washed and put away. The nursery is decorated and the bags are packed.

We've had a lot of fun this week too. We rented Monsters University from the Redbox for FHE this week. Logan had so much fun watching it and even insisted that we "make popcorn!" to go with it. It wasn't as good as Monsters Inc, but it was a fun one time watch. 

Wednesday I had a Relief Society meeting and Dave had Scouts. Since Logan was having a super grumpy day, Dave took him to Scouts. They were having a lesson on how to make fires and Logan had so much fun around the fire and roasting marshmallows. When I got home he told me "I ate two marshmallows!" He was covered in a sticky mess and stunk of campfire, but was really happy.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! Sounds like you're ready for this baby! That's encouraging that you're already dilated. Should help things move along quickly. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to help! With Logan it took 12 hours of labor to get to 3cm. So hopefully things will be easier this time around... this baby is bigger though, so you never know.

      Delete