Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Longest Days and Shortest Week!

Moving from one to two kids has been quite an adjustment! The house is a mess, but the I've been able to stay caught up on Laundry. I forgot how much laundry a little person goes through! He's added an extra load of laundry per week so far. I'm sure it will only increase from there.

This has been a better recovery than with Logan. I tore really bad with Logan and it took 3 months before I felt 100% again. This time I only had two tears and am already feeling so much better. I've already stopped taking Ibuprofen. So hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.

It's been difficult for Logan to learn to share my time with another little guy. He's been having accidents again. Most of the time it's when I'm feeding Dustin. We're working on it a little, but I'll focus on it more when Dustin is sleeping better through the night.

Because I'm totally sleep deprived! That's one of the hardest parts for me. I was holding Dustin with one hand and playing cars with with Logan and totally fell asleep! I get between 4 and 6 hours of sleep total a night and one nap (1 - 2 hours). The interrupted sleep is not as good, but better than nothing!

Dustin is doing great. The pediatrician was a little worried about his weight loss, so we brought him in again Monday just for a weigh-in. In a week he is back up to his birth weight. Usually the goal is to get back up by two weeks, so he's done fabulous! He's such a happy little guy. He only cries when we change his diaper/clothes. He's so alert too.

As for what we've been up to, Saturday my family had our Thanksgiving Dinner. So we headed over to my Sister's house for a few hours of food and talking. Logan had tons of fun playing with his cousins, and just getting out of the house. It was nice to see everyone, and for them to all meet Dustin.

Monday night when Dave got home we ventured out to Target for a few baby supplies. Oh man, Logan and I went a little crazy in the $1 section! I got a few stocking stuffers for him (wooden whistle, slinky, stickers, socks...). So I'm officially don't shopping for him for Christmas. I need a few stocking stuffers for Dave and Dustin, and then we're done! Well, we need to get Dave and my big gift still (a couch for the basement), but that's scheduled for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment