Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving & December

We survived the first week! It's been fun and exhausting getting used to two little guys. Dustin is similar to Logan in many ways, but different too. Dave went back to work Monday through Wednesday, then he was home with us Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving.

We spent Thanksgiving with Dave's family. It was fun to see everyone and catch up. Logan had tons of fun playing with his cousins. He talked about going to Grandma & Grandpa's house all week. We also discovered Logan loves pumpkin pie. Dave likes it, but I don't. So I've never made it for them. But he tried some and kept asking for "More please!"


Friday Dave woke up early and went Black Friday shopping at Lowes. He got us a fire pit for $40, and a pre-lit tree also for $40. Then Dave went to see Ender's Games with his Dad and brothers. Logan and I set up the tree while Dave was gone, and Sunday we decorated it together.


 Logan thinks the tree is the best ting in the world! He put on all the bulbs (with help). Logan loves turning the tree on and telling me "Look Mom, the tree glows in the dark!"


We also got out the advent calendar and I told Logan how we get to put on one ornament a day. He just loves picking one out and hanging it up. Dave doesn't believe in decorating before December, so he was a little concerned that I had the tree out on Saturday. But I told him Sunday was the 1st, so we would be ok.

Then Sunday he asked me if it was too early to get out the Christmas movies. I have no problem with that, so we watched Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer. Logan LOVED it! He kept pointing out the reindeer and snow man and even "Christmas" (aka. Santa).

I've been buying one Christmas movie every year since we got married, so we have a few to pick from.  Only a few of them are kids movies, but I have another one that we'll get to open up some time this month. It's fun to watch over the holidays, and if I buy them we don't have to worry about when they come on TV.

I still have a lot of decorations to put out, but we're well on our way to starting getting festive! Maybe Wednesday I'll focus on getting everything out and decorated. We'll see how the week goes.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you are ahead of me! No Christmas stuff up here yet. I'm glad you got to enjoy Thanksgiving and I hope the boys didn't pick up any bugs. Tricky time of year to have a newborn!

    Just reading about your sleep deprivation and laundry makes me glad I have another 5 months to go, haha. Glad you're recovering more quickly this time, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep? What is that again? Right now I feel like I will never sleep again.

      Delete