Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Leaves and Food

Logan's been singing like crazy lately! He loves singing church songs, but he also has been making up his own songs. My favorite, and coincidentally he's been singing a lot lately, is one he made up in the car driving through blowing leaves:

Leaves, leaves falling down
Down, down on the ground
Leaves, leaves falling down
falling down, but don't eat them!

This was the same day we raked up the leaves in the back yard and we had several conversations about not eating the leaves. Apparently it made an impression!

This week I stocked the pantry for the 3rd time in anticipation for the baby being born. Every week Dave sees all the food I've put in the pantry and chows down on it! One week we went through 4 cans of corn and 7 cans of beans! Kinda crazy, but I'm hoping we're done stocking this time. I'm tired of shopping so much every week.

Friday night we had a $20 date night. It's what we call it when we set a dollar amount and spend it frivolously. We got a Costco chicken and ended up going to Trader Joe's to blow the rest on snacks (Dave's Choices - Pine Nut Hummus, Jalapeno Lime Salsa. My Choices - Mango Sorbet, Gouda Cheese). It was fun, and surprisingly not too un-healthy. 

Since we decided on the chicken the day before I had prepped some mashed potatoes to go with it. I discovered a really quick and easy way to make mashed potatoes via the crockpot. I just wash 8 of them and throw them in the crockpot and fill it up half way with water. Then I let them cook all day. When it's time to make them, just throw the potatoes in the Kitchen Aid, blend them up and add the butter, milk, salt and pepper. No chopping or peeling, just easy.

Today I had another Doctor's Appointment. The baby has dropped down this week, but I'm still at 3 cm. My blood pressure was a little high, but nothing the Dr is too concerned about. They'll check me again next week if the baby hasn't joined us yet. Still could come any day now. 

We're ready. Well, Logan and I are ready. I have a week left, and statistically 50% of women have had their babies by their due date. So chances aren't bad. Logan has started asking "When is that baby going to come out of your belly?" He's even prayed for the baby to play with him soon. Dave has a shotgun shooting activity with the EQ this Saturday, so he would prefer waiting until after that's over. 

2 comments:

  1. I need to try that mashed potato method! Sounds awesome. I hope your little guy comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, it's so easy! If you like eating the skins, it takes only a few minutes to prep. We get more mashed potatoes than ever since I discovered this. I'm really hoping to have a baby soon. Before Thanksgiving is my biggest wish.

      Delete