Friday, April 11, 2014

Getting Ready for Easter


We've been getting ready for Easter around our house! I finally finished Logan and Dustin's Easter ties! I love how they turned out. I wish Dave had one to match, but I can't see making him a home made tie. Dave requested the pictures be taken in jeans instead of slacks.

This is the very first picture I took. After this one, I opened the door to get more light, and the camera battery died. Then I pulled out the other camera and Dustin was done sitting still. So he started wiggling and Logan got mad, so he pushed Dustin away from him. I dove to catch Dustin from falling down the stairs, and Logan started falling down the other side of the stairs... Tears were had by all. Photo Shoot over.


Then Logan wanted to take a picture and got this one (great job kiddo!)


Then I snapped this picture of Logan and called it a day. My photo skills have their limit. I'll get more when we're hunting for Eggs on Easter.


I finally finished my table runner! It turned out well. I don't love applique, but it turns out so well for things like this.

We've been having some pet problems lately. Not that we currently have any pets, but we've had some begging for our attention. A black cat moved into our gazebo some time in the past month. With the rain and snow last week, he has taken to meowing at our door when he's cold/wants in. It's was so pitiful it was breaking all our hearts, so I coaxed the cat into our bathroom with a can of tuna and called animal control. A few hours later they called back telling me they couldn't pick the cat up unless it was in a cat carrier.

So I let the cat go and found a lady in the ward that let me borrow her cat carrier. I caught the cat again and we were able to send it to the shelter. It was such a friendly cat, I know (s)he will be adopted quickly. I'm so glad (s)he isn't out in the cold anymore!

The next day we found a dog barking, locked up in our back yard. It was weird, because there's no way (s)he could have gotten into our yard without help. (S)he looked pretty mangy, but I tried to read what was on his collar. I couldn't without letting him out of the yard, and when I opened the gate, he bolted. So we are now without two pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment