Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Week!


Because every holiday should be at least a week long celebration, we've been calling the last week "Easter Week". We've done a lot of celebrating and had a ton of fun!

Thursday night (a week ago) we had Mike, Alison, Andrea, and Sara over to play. Really Dave was showing Mike his Dancing Robots images, and I wanted an excuse for the cousins to have fun. They played in every room of the house while the Dads got to work in the office downstairs. Alison and I got to talk as well, and it was fun.


A week ago Friday we got busy in the yard! In the morning we weeded our million flower beds and laid 3 square yards of wood chips. Dave mowed the lawn, and Logan and I tidied the house. Later that night Sheila, Scott, and Max stopped by to pick up some compost/dirt that Dave had purchased. So we helped them load it up and got slushies!!! Logan LOVES slushies more than anything.

Last Saturday we worked in the yard more (planed 5 tomatoes in the garden and planted some pansies). The tomatoes have surprisingly done really well, and the pansies have died (opposite of what I expected). So we'll have tomatoes early this year, and no pretty flowers. That night we had a new family from the ward over for a BBQ. It was fun to get to know them and their son better.

Monday for FHE we started an Easter advent I found in the friend. It was 7 days worth of scriptures and simple stories about Christ. It included a little picture that we let Logan "find" to match the story and stick on the day's number. I wanted to do an advent of Christ's last week, but never got around to it, so this was an easy solution. Next year I'll probably do something like this with the actual last week of Christ's Life.

The rest of the week was busy with Easter prep. I didn't want to do any cooking on Easter, so I prepared everything in advance and froze most of it. It was crazy busy during the week, but so nice to get to relax on the holiday. I'll probably do this again.

Friday Dave held down the fort so I could get my hair cut. Dustin has been chewing on it lately, and Logan thought that was pretty cool, so he started chewing on it too. I HATE wet hair, so after trying to keep my hair pulled back for a week (Logan HATES my hair pulled back, so he would mess it up every chance he got), I decided it was time to go short. It ended up shorter than I requested (it's about an inch above my chin), but it's still cute. I'm happy with it. Logan keeps telling me he wants my hair longer again.

Dave also has been reformatting our computer for the past week (thus the lack of last week's blog post). He removed the hard drive and replaced it with one with more capacity. I didn't think this would make a difference, but holy cow! The computer runs so much faster now. He also upgraded two softwares. Don't really know what that did, but my icons are now more pretty. He's almost done (the Microsoft Suite is no longer working, so I can't access my word and excel documents).

Saturday morning we headed to my parent's house to do some serious egg hunting and eating. Logan had a blast finding eggs and opening them up to see what was inside. My parents filled them with pennies and nickels. At first Logan wasn't sure what to think (we haven't ever given him money, so he didn't know what it was). But now he wants to count his pennies constantly. He's hid them a few times and I have to convince him to show me where his stash is. I can't wait to teach him about tithing for FHE tonight and then take him to the store to show him how you can buy stuff.


That evening we had Dave's family over for their monthly family dinner. The weather was so nice we ate soups and salads outside on the gazebo and enjoyed another egg hunt! Because Logan's cousins are allergic to yellow dye, Logan ended up with the majority of the candy from the hunt! He is in HEAVEN! I have put a lot of the candy in the pantry and will slowly take it out when we run out of what we have. Aaron and Lucinda also brought over some big bubble blowers and the kids had a blast with those! Logan has used them several times a day since then.


Sunday we had a great Easter! Logan got up and asked if the Easter Bunny had come. "Did he bring me jelly beans? What about a chocolate bunny?" We showed him to his basket and he went crazy opening eggs. Logan got a few dollar toys (a tape measure and some glow in the dark lizards). In mom & dad's basket there was a veggie tail's movie (Rack, Shack, and Benny). Call me mean, but I wanted Logan to understand we don't want to eat all our candy at once (the story of Shadrack, Mishack, and Abendigo).


After church we had our main meal (ham, funeral potatoes - for Christ's death, green beans, and salad). Logan didn't eat much, but we did get him to have some apples and strawberries. After lunch we watched the veggie tail and went on a walk. Dave wanted some pictures of him and the boys, so I snapped as many as I could before they got fussy. Next year I'll find a tie for Dave, then make the boys ties match. I had no idea Dave would want to match as well, and I'm not making him one!

Today we've just been cleaning up and getting the house back together. Well, and doing laundry. I've decided it's officially warm enough to start using the clothes line again. So we took our Monday load out and are waiting for it to dry.


2 comments:

  1. Easter has become so much busier over the years! I'm glad the kids had fun but I'm sure you're exhausted like I am, haha.

    I don't always appreciate the computer upgrades as much as my husband, either because I can never find any of my old stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided it wasn't Easter that was exhausting, but all the extra bunny related stuff we crammed int Saturday that was exhausting. Maybe we will do less of that in the future.

      Amen on the upgrades! I also discovered the scanner/printer software needs to be reinstalled. No fun!

      Delete