Monday, June 23, 2014

Calling the Cops & Lagoon!

It has been an intense week for us! I thought Dave was done working over time, but he worked some at the beginning of the week too. It's so hard on everyone when Dave works so much! He comes home at 11 exhausted, I'm exhausted, and Logan is ornery because he doesn't get to rough house with Dave.

Tuesday night Dave was working late again. It was 9:30 at night and I was packing a lunch for him to take to Scout Camp the next day. I saw a van pull up in front of our house. The windows were tinted dark enough that I couldn't see in them.

The van sits there for 5 minutes, and the guy gets out and starts walking up our driveway. He disappears into our car port for a few minutes, so I call my friend to have someone on the phone while I approach him. The guy looked nice (white button up and slacks), but you never know. The second I said "guy with a creepy van" my friend responded "I'll be over as soon as I can, do you mind if I bring my gun?"

So she brought her gun over, called the cops, and while she's on her way the guy leaves my car port and starts walking up the road perpendicular to us. By this point I'm freaked out (why would he root around in our car port and ditch his van?) The cops came by a few times and scoured the neighborhood looking for the guy. They called the owner of the van and found out he had lent it to the Boy Scouts for camp. The guy who dropped it off wanted Dave to drive it to the church the next morning, but didn't let us know. He was in the car port looking for somewhere to hide the key to the van. Oh… ok. I felt really silly for calling my friend and in turn the cops, but it was really weird.

So Dave headed off to camp the next day and we held down the fort on our own. It rained the entire day, so Dave and the boys were absolutely miserable, but I guess they got a lot done (they even went swimming in the 50 degree weather to pass off some merit badge!!!).

Thursday Dave went back to work and Logan got a little cough. It didn't seem like a big deal, and it went away by the evening. Which was good because Friday we had BIG PLANS!



It was Lagoon day for Dave's work. They pay for tickets for the whole family and a BBQ that evening. So we went to Lagoon, rode the rides. Logan had so much fun! He loved the boats and helicopter rides best.


The helicopter ride had a joystick that allowed you to control how high up or down the ride went. Logan loved putting it up and down again and again. He requested this ride over and over! The fourth time he rode the Dad of a 1.5 year old requested his son ride with Logan so he could have a "real ride that moves up and down". So we stuck them in together. 

Logan went crazy jerking the joystick up and down so fast both boys were bouncing like crazy. They were really getting air. The operator stopped the ride 3 times before kicking Logan off. I was laughing so hard I was crying, because how do you explain to an almost 3 year old not to jerk the joystick too fast? But he had fun! We went swimming at Lagoona Beach and Logan loved the water slide and splash pad! He will stay in the water until he's shaking uncontrollably and his lips turn blue if we don't watch him.

After the dinner Dave went on a few rides with some co-workers and the boys and I rode a few more rides. We stayed until 9 and the boys fell asleep in the car. When we made it home by 10 I just transferred the boys into their beds. It was a great day!

The next day Logan was coughing and hacking like crazy. I guess Lagoona Beach wasn't a great idea. He's been sick with a chest cold ever since, and now Dustin has it too. So the boys skipped church Sunday with Dave so I could go teach Relief Society. We talked about Joseph Smith after I got home and watched the Restoration DVD to get a little religion into our Sunday.


With all the extra time I've had over the past 2 weeks of being a work widow, I've been doing a lot of quilting. I cut out, sewed, quilted and bound this table runner for July. I love how it turned out, and will probably make a lap quilt size one next year. If I have the time. I've also sewn quite a few squares to finish my quilting class quilt for this year. I decided to change it up a little, so I have some extra squares I needed to add. Those are done, and now I can finish the quilt. It will be cute, although more girly than my taste. But I think it will be perfect for a spring/summer display quilt!

Logan's been picking up on a lot of random language things lately. My favorite is when something bad happens I exclaim "Great!" or "Oh Great!" Logan decided to take it one step further. When he messes up something he will yell "Great Grandma Yoder!" I guess those are the two main uses I have for the word great. I'm sure she wouldn't be happy to find out her name has become a swear word around our house, but what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment