Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend in Logan & Yard Projects


We had a fun weekend in Logan, UT! Dave's Brother Blaine (and his wife Angela) were having their baby blessed this Sunday, so we decided to make a weekend out of it. I figured the boys wouldnt want to spend 3 hours in the car in one day, and if we were using the gas anyway, we might as well make it fun! I found a cheap hotel that had an indoor swimming pool and hot tub, and free continental breakfast to stay at. 


We arrived Saturday at 2. We checked in and decided we needed some swimming! So we hit the pool with Grandma Linda & Papa Bill. Logan LOVES swimming, and Dustin thought it was better than the kiddy pool in our back yard.

After that we decided to hit up their cheese factory. Whenever we drive through Beaver, UT during business hours we love to stop at their cheese factory, so we hoped this one would be good too. It was bigger than Beaver's (it even had a sample bar that we indulged in)! We came home with 5 bricks of cheese. The only down size was they didn't sale sample bags (my favorite is to try to guess what kind of cheese we're eating).


After that we walked the grounds of the Logan Temple. The reason is we have a Temple book with pictures of different temples around the world. When we look at it I point out the temple Dave and I got married in (Mt. Timp), the one my parents got married in (Wash DC), the one Dave's parents got married in (SLC), and when we get to the Logan Temple, Logan tells me it's his temple. So we just had to take him to his temple.


 His favorite part was the fountain. He sat by it, threw pennies into it, and even snook his little feet in the water. He was so proud his temple had "a waterfall". He also loved running up the hill side of the temple. I tried to teach him to roll down, but he was not too impressed with that.


Dustin is so agreeable, he just enjoyed it all. He's such a happy little guy!


Logan decided his temple looks like a castle. He loved the towers and the star accents. And the windows! He kept telling us "My temple has HUGE windows! I think there are 16 of them!"

That night Dave's parents, sister Lucinda, Bro in law Aaron, cousin Morgan, Blaine, Angela, cousin Lindsay & Rachel all joined us for more swimming! The kids had a blast swimming until they were so cold they shivered. At 8:30 I insisted the boys go get a bath and get to sleep.

Trying to get them to sleep was interesting. Dustin was not excited to be in his playpen, and refused to go to sleep (crying, jabbering, etc). Logan refused to sleep because he had to make sure Dustin was ok, and when he peaked in at Dustin, it would make Dustin laugh. Finally I held Dustin and patted his back while he cried himself to sleep. Then we could convince Logan to calm down. So he beat boxed and sang himself to sleep. Dave and I wonder if he does this every night and we don't hear it because his door is closed...

Sunday we went to the baby blessing. It was sweet to hear the blessing. We only stayed for Sacrament meeting, because they go to a Spanish ward, and although they got a translator for Sacrament Meeting, I didn't want to stay for the other two hours in Spanish.

We went back to Blaine & Angela's after for a lunch and headed home.


We've also been working in the yard a lot lately. Dave finished his fence last week. We put this up because we have a wall that is 6 feet high, except for the last 30 feet of it, which is 4 feet. So the kids in the apartments behind us climb all over the wall. Since we put up the fence I haven't noticed any kids on the wall. So it keeps them out of our yard! And we get a little more privacy.


This was my project. I call it my Garbage Can Landing strip. Since we only have one car now, it drives me nuts that what you saw from the road when Dave wasn't home was the trash cans. So I dug out lava rocks, and laid these 6 pavers to put the trash cans on. It's behind the fence, so you can't see the trash from the street. It didn't cost anything, since we dug the pavers out of the yard (we had about 50 pavers buried all over the yard when we moved in, I'm not even exaggerating). I'm pretty proud of it!

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to the Logan temple--so pretty! And now I'm going to have to check out the cheese factory in Beaver. That sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will become addicted to the cheese factory! It is so much cheaper (they sell not pretty bricks at รก discount) and we just love the sample bags with a little of everything. And Beaver's has fabulous ice cream but awful customer service. If you are in the area it is worth a visit! Bring a box of crackers and a knife!

      Delete