Friday, June 27, 2014

To Live a Happy Life

Recently I've been trying to adhere to the "homework" of a blog I follow. They're things to help us live a happy life. I've shared it with a few friends, and though it might be helpful to everyone. It's been rough having Dave working so much lately, followed by sick boys (and a teething Logan). So I needed a little pick me up. My attitude with anything from the internet is take from it what you will, so this is the condensed/Amy Version:

To Do Daily:
1. Spiritual - Always make time for scripture study, prayer, etc. This helps me have a better perspective when life gets hard (and it will get hard). Some days I can only get my scriptures read while nursing or exercising, but I have really been making sure I get that spiritual nourishment.

2. Something for yourself - If you don't take time to relax and unwind, you can't take care of everyone else. Sometimes it's just 5 minutes of reading, sometimes I get a whole nap to blog or sew. But I always make a little time for me.

3. Service - Sounds harder than it really is. This is anything I'm doing for anyone (even Dave and the boys). The only stipulation is it has to be done with a positive attitude of service. So folding Dave's laundry counts, or reading 5 extra books at bedtime. But helping others helps you have a more outward focus and gives you less time to worry.

4. Consistant Sleep - Holy cow, this is the hardest of all this week, but is so important for me. I am ornery as sin if I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep. Everyone thinks and functions better with more sleep.

5. Exercize - I've never had an actual exercise routine before (just lived a very active life). But exercise helps you feel better, sleep better, etc. So for the past few months I've been working out in the basement Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and doing yard work Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays (hey, it totally counts).

6. Sunlight - Yard work counts, Mondays and Thursdays we hang the laundry outside and that counts, and going to the park totally counts. Your body needs the Vitamin D from the sun, and you have more energy when you're getting enough of it. And I can use all the energy I can get!

7. Journaling - I suck at Journaling. But I'm great at writing on my blog. So I count that as journaling. I even have a "secret blog" that isn't available to the public so I can write everything without sharing it with the world. Writing about life gives you time to reflect and get a better perspective.

I'm not saying these 7 things are going to cure every problem in your life, but they help me be a little happier. It makes the days go by a little better. And I'm all about things going a little more smooth.




No comments:

Post a Comment