Monday, May 18, 2015

Buzz, Spiderman & Rain

Yup, more rain here. I don't think we've had this wet of a spring since I moved to Utah. Although it could be that this year I noticed, since we're trying to re-shingle our roof. We were supposed to start tear off Thursday, but it rained all  weekend. We're just hoping we can get the tear off done before we head to North Carolina.

Because of the lack of tear off, we've been working hard on other projects (never ending battle, eh?). Dave's still been working in the yard, it just goes a lot slower with all the rain. He got the rocks laid on the side of the gazebo, and I love how they turned out. I'd take a picture, but with all the rain, it just isn't turning out well.

The boys have been obsessed with playing dress up lately. My mom was cleaning out her costumes, and we inherited quite a few of the manly ones. As a result, Logan's begging for a Buzz Lightyear costume has increased. So I  pulled one together for him. He has been telling me for months he wants to be Buzz for Halloween and Dustin wan't to be Woody. I'll make gloves and a hat when it's actually Halloween, but this should tide him over for now.


I also made a Spider man dress up while I was sewing. I've been designing a Batman blanket for when Dustin moves into the bottom bunk in Logan's room, and Logan has been telling me he wants the Batman blanket and Dustin can have his Spiderman one. Part of me thinks it's because it is something new, but the other part wonders if it's because he has a Batman Costume. So I decided to make a Spider man costume to see if it would help.


They've both enjoyed it, so it was worth the $5 it cost to make (actually, I think it was less than that, since I only had to buy the red material). I made it big so they could wear it for a while, but I'm now wondering if it's too big… Hum, who knows how long they like to play dress up?


No comments:

Post a Comment