Friday, May 8, 2015

Ducks, the Yard, Sewing & Playing


Last blog post I didn't have any pictures of the boys (I haven't been taking many lately), so here is Logan feeding/chasing the three "daddy ducks" that have been roaming up and down our street. He loves when they visit our yard. Sorry Dad, it's the only one I had this week!

Last Thursday night we had our first date in a long time!!! Dave's work was doing a movie night so we got to go see the Avengers. It was better than the first one, and Dave loved it. It was so much fun to get out and see a movie without the boys. They also did free popcorn and drinks too, which was nice since we never get those when we go.

I brought home the left over popcorn and the boys ate it for breakfast. I went to the bedroom to get something and when I came back into the kitchen Logan was chowing down and Dustin had dumped his cereal on the ground and was eating the popcorn Logan had poured onto his tray. Man those boys are already getting into trouble together!

Friday after Dave got home from work we went to Lambert's Nursery and got the plants for our garden and some flowers as well. Logan and Dustin loved helping pick things out and wanted to smell all the flowers! When we were in the check out line one of the workers was writing out my bill to make the trip to the cash register quicker (it's an old school mom & pop shop with zero technology). Logan decided to untie her apron. This is his favorite thing to do when I'm washing dishes, but I was surprised he would do it to a stranger!

Saturday the boys and I planted the garden and flowers while Dave ran around to a few Home Depots to get a stump grinder. It took Dave all day to grind the 3 stumps! I did most of the second one to give him a break, but man it was tedious and exhausting!

This week has really gone by in a haze. I've been throwing everything together so we can shingle the house next weekend. Well, we are just tearing off the shingles and paying a guy to put the shingles back on for us. Yes, we probably could figure out how to do it ourselves, but this is just not the year for a major project. I'm praying like crazy that it doesn't rain next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday so we can get these bad boys off and the waterproofing layer down. It's been raining all week here.

Oh, I've also been sewing quiet book pages! I joined a quiet book page exchange a few months back, and we just switched pages. We ended up with some bible stories and some nursery rhymes, so now I'm going to make a book for each. So I've been making extra pages so I have enough. I'm more excited for the scripture book, but the nursery rhyme book will be fun too.

Christ Calms the Storm (finger puppets in a pocket)

Joseph's Coat (puzzle & snaps)

Samson & Delilah (hair braiding)

Adam & Eve (color matching & buttoning)

David & Goliath (button & make the rock hit him)

Swallowed a Fly (she eats the finger puppets & zipper belly)
I love how these are turning out!!! I hope to have at least one book done by the time we go to North Carolina. If so, I'm going to hide it away so the boys don't play with them before then.

We've also been playing with friends a bit this week. We went to Sugar House park with Logan's friend Briggs (short for Brigham) and his sister Calli that is a little older than Dustin. It was fun to see the four of them explore the park together. They moved en mass from the river to slide to tunnel to swings, etc. Next year Logan is going to go to Pre-School with Briggs two mornings a week. He's excited to go with his friend, although I'm sure he'll make more friends too.

Wednesday morning Abby, Madddy and Edison came over to play. They tore the house apart, but had lots of fun doing it. Logan misses having Abby and Maddy come over every day, so it was nice to spend time with her. We do get to play with Devonsch a few times a week though (and he is calming down a bit, which helps).

No comments:

Post a Comment