Monday, January 10, 2011

Where has the time gone?

I swear the last few weeks have just flown by! We've been working like crazy and have a lot to show for it. We finished my office a few weekends ago! The painting, new trim, new blinds and new closet door are all done and installed! The intercom has been removed and the hole in the wall has been patched! My furniture and all my stuff is back in the room!

I've been slowly putting everything away, and de-junking in the process. I figured if everything was already out, might as well get rid of the stuff I haven't used since we moved in a year and a half ago. It's taken a lot longer this way, but I'll be glad to have it all done. When everything's organized and finally put away I'll take a few pictures of it and post them, but it's still a little messy.

I've also been working like mad to finish crocheting a blanket for Dave's birthday. It's green, grey, and cream colored, and I'm hoping he'll love it. It should be done in the next few weeks if I keep up the work. It's pretty long at this point (long enough if the blanket was for me), so I've been using it to wrap up in as I crochet it. If I do say so it's particularly warm and soft.

We also spent some time putting up new bookshelves for the living room! Since we moved into our house I've wanted to fill the side wall in the living room with book shelves, and when I received my Christmas bonus check, I knew exactly what I wanted to buy. So they're mostly up (I bought Ikea out of the cabinet doors for the bottom and am just waiting for them to get two more in stock) and I have most of my books put away on the shelves. I still have a small pile of books I've never read in the living room, and Dave wants to add his school books to the mix. Then we'll be done.

I've signed up to take a 6 week beginners quilting class through church. It's Thursday nights, and I'm excited to get to learn a little more about the techniques. I've done some block squares in the past, but I want to get more into the different patterns and designs, and this sounds like a great class to get the basics. It's six weeks long, and all I have to buy is 4 - 5 yards of material. I want to take a more advanced quilting class with my mom this fall, and I'm hoping this will give me the basics I need to take that class.

That's about it for now! We've been busy, but I'm sure everything will calm down more now that Dave's back in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment